Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Suggestions Thread
Got a suggestion for the site? Post it in here.

I'll start us off.

I think the RL forum should be hidden like it is on tSR so that only logged-in members can see it. People post sensitive things in there and it would be best if prying eyes (and search engine indexer bots) weren't able to just waltz right in.
(03-17-2013, 01:25 AM)Vipershark Wrote: Got a suggestion for the site? Post it in here.

I'll start us off.

I think the RL forum should be hidden like it is on tSR so that only logged-in members can see it. People post sensitive things in there and it would be best if prying eyes (and search engine indexer bots) weren't able to just waltz right in.

That's a great idea!

And idea I have is to have an option to add our XBL, PSN or Steam info stuff in our profiles, kind of like what we have on the DYKG forums.
How about a spoiler tag?
There is one.

[spoiler] [*/spoiler]
^ yeah, that!

(03-17-2013, 01:32 AM)MexicanAnime Wrote: How about a spoiler tag?

You mean a button for it, correct? There isn't a button on the other forums. It's just the BBcode for it, which is posted in the Forum Walkthrough thread.
(03-17-2013, 01:36 AM)A Zombie Riot Wrote:
(03-17-2013, 01:32 AM)MexicanAnime Wrote: How about a spoiler tag?

You mean a button for it, correct? There isn't a button on the other forums. It's just the BBcode for it, which is posted in the Forum Walkthrough thread.

Yeah, a button for it as it would make things a bit more easier. Though that's just me.
A button would definitely be easier, that's for sure.
Just going off what I know of tSR's system (the forums are basically the same, as is the spoiler mod) adding a button would require coding it from scratch rather than just installing the mod as it currently is.

A button can be done, but as far as I know you need an experienced PHP coder for it.

Besides, only scrubs use buttons. Work those keyboards and type those bbcodes yourself.
Thanks button? Like in DYKG.
I seem to remember the thank button actually being here before the site went public but it appears that that got uninstalled. But yeah, that definitely needs to come back.
But buttons are good for the lazy people... like me!
(03-17-2013, 01:25 AM)Vipershark Wrote: I think the RL forum should be hidden like it is on tSR so that only logged-in members can see it. People post sensitive things in there and it would be best if prying eyes (and search engine indexer bots) weren't able to just waltz right in.

Done. The entire forum is now hidden from guests.

(03-17-2013, 01:29 AM)A Zombie Riot Wrote: And idea I have is to have an option to add our XBL, PSN or Steam info stuff in our profiles, kind of like what we have on the DYKG forums.

This is probably something we'll do in the near future.

(03-17-2013, 01:44 AM)Vipershark Wrote: Just going off what I know of tSR's system (the forums are basically the same, as is the spoiler mod) adding a button would require coding it from scratch rather than just installing the mod as it currently is.

A button can be done, but as far as I know you need an experienced PHP coder for it.

Besides, only scrubs use buttons. Work those keyboards and type those bbcodes yourself.

We're using a custom plugin for our rich-text editor here and adding a button would require modifying the code for the plugin. While I can likely do that, it would only be for the benefit of the lazy and having just written an entire website, I'm falling firmly into that category myself. Laziness wins in the end so that's not happening for now :P

(03-17-2013, 01:45 AM)Ghost Nappa Wrote: Thanks button? Like in DYKG.

Once we find a better plugin than the first couple we tried, we'll likely bring this back.
(03-17-2013, 02:15 AM)Petie Wrote:
(03-17-2013, 01:25 AM)Vipershark Wrote: I think the RL forum should be hidden like it is on tSR so that only logged-in members can see it. People post sensitive things in there and it would be best if prying eyes (and search engine indexer bots) weren't able to just waltz right in.

In that case, I think it would be a good idea to move the pictures thread ( http://www.vgfacts.com/forums/thread-22.html ) out of GD and into RL as it deals with personally-identifying information.
(03-17-2013, 02:24 AM)Vipershark Wrote:
(03-17-2013, 02:15 AM)Petie Wrote:

In that case, I think it would be a good idea to move the pictures thread ( http://www.vgfacts.com/forums/thread-22.html ) out of GD and into RL as it deals with personally-identifying information.

Good idea. Done.
Can you guys unclutter the video tab? It's so damn tight and full of stuff that it just feels messy.