Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
After thoughts on the arguments.
To start off I don't want the arguments to continue, and I'm not trying to continue them myself, but I feel like I need to say something now since it did continue after I tried to diffuse it. This is more of an open letter to A Zombie Riot. Why open you may ask, because I feel that this needs to be stated publicly and not in the PMs. Also please no one reply to this except Zombie as this is directed at him, and not you, and any replies besides his will almost certainly be volatile.

Since I didn't want to post it before... Here's a rundown of what exactly happened today and how things could've been handled better. Yes, I will admit I did handle some things poorly. But this is it.

Seeing the policies for the Xbox One were updated, I decided to share them, and maybe get some actual discussion out of it. Only one person, Cody, actually made an effort to actually have a discussion about it. Well, he was the only civil one about it.

Hexidecimal and Beware of Cuccos were just hating on the console again for no apparent reason. They never discussed the policies, it was just mindless hate. (Though Cuccos did post an image of an overview of the policies change, she still didn't really talk about the policies afterwards.)Though things appeared to get a little heated, I felt everything was still calm. And then Hexidecimal decided to question some of my recent actions and decided to do a little back-seat moderating. I was annoyed. I've made it clear why I've done some of the things I've done recently.

For example: Cody made a thread saying it was an Xbox One discussion thread. Yet, in his very first post, it was nothing but hate and meme's about the console. No actual discussion. Every post afterwards followed suit. I stepped in saying that Cody should change the topic title, or I will. Stating that the topic wasn't what it said it was. I changed the title, and that's basically that.

Then she questioned why I deleted some posts. Me and Psychospacecow were goofing around talking about a ghost having babies. I, jokingly, said PHOTOSYNTHESIS, OR YOU'RE BANNED. Which Psycho took it as me being serious (even though he knew we were joking before). Long story short, I deleted those posts, because he admitted he was under stress from finals and such. So, it was all a simple misunderstanding.

And then Xannidel kept calling me out in the policies thread saying I was being a smart aleck pointed out that Cody and Cuccos was using the symbol ">" wrong. They were meaning to use it as arrows, but didn't indicate that it was. So, I read it as the greater than symbol. Me, already being very annoyed from everything else, said "Nah, I'll stop when everyone else stops being a baby." Which I admit was bad on my part. And then he kept nagging on and nagging on, just attacking me constantly in that thread.

Me, being completely fed up with everyone actions. Decided to add in a new rule (which later just turned into a re-wording of a previous rule) to stop things from getting way out of hand. To have things way more civil and more in-control on these forums. And when he (Xannidel) broke the rule, by trying to get me all riled up, I gave him a warning. Later, he essentially cries about getting a warning and then says he's leaving. Cody comes in, gets rid of the warning and everything's fine with him again.
I did no such thing as to rile you up Zombie, you were taking everything super personal. Also me crying over getting a warning? Not crying, but I did point it out to whoever I could because I found it to be bogus.

Also I never even saw this new rule until I went into the thread to check it out, there really should be some auto PM telling people of new rules/policies.
You were calling me a smart aleck for pointing out that Cuccos and Cody were using the greater than ( > ) symbol wrong. Right there, calling ME a smart aleck is trying to rile me up. You were intentionally calling me a name because you didn't see that what I was doing was right.
Oh VGFacts, your first board-wide battle! They grow up so fast. Now all you need is for everyone who's here to leave, and for an influx of noobs, then for those noobs to reminisce about the good old days, and you'll be a real message board!
(06-07-2013, 10:20 PM)Lazlo Falconi Wrote: Oh VGFacts, your first board-wide battle! They grow up so fast. Now all you need is for everyone who's here to leave, and for an influx of noobs, then for those noobs to reminisce about the good old days, and you'll be a real message board!

Only took 3 months.

I forgot how long it took on the other boards for the first board-wide fight.
I snapped after you posted this gem, Zombie:

(06-07-2013, 01:21 PM)A Zombie Riot Wrote: It's funny watching all of this. Everyone's being a whiny baby and yet I'm sitting here thinking logically about everything.

You are not fit to be a Mod, plain and simple, and I'm prepared to leave as well depending on how things go. YOU escalated this whole thing, plain and simple.

I was not backseat modding; I was just pointing out more of your bullshit.
That was one of the things that I said that was out of line.

And it was so backseat modding. Because, you know, I went over exactly why I did those things I did.
(06-07-2013, 10:28 PM)A Zombie Riot Wrote: And it was so backseat modding. Because, you know, I went over exactly why I did those things I did.

Except I don't really care why you think it's OK. You mess with the forums just because you don't like something.
Please tell me you aren't still trying to say you're in the right, EVEN ANOTHER MOD DISAGREED WITH YOUR WARNING ON XANNIDEL, and you still say he was trying to rile you up, NO HE WASN'T, BUT THEN YOU PERCEIVED IT AS SO AND JUST DEMONSTRATED WHY THIS RULE IS FLAWED, and once again you're being defensive, you are trying to justify your actions when yes there are a lot of people at fault here but you are the one who is at the most fault and being the most immature right now. While yes the whole Xbox One bashing is getting annoying, THAT IS NO FUCKING EXCUSE TO FLY OFF THE HANDLE!!! People WILL bitch about things, and if you would just let it run it's course then it would have all been fine, you are supposed to intervene if it gets out of hand not if you disagree with it, you can state your opinions like the rest of us and say you disagree but don't say that we can't be upset about something just because you aren't and then when people call bullshit you start provoking us. Yes the whole name change of the thread and deletion of posts I see no problem with this they were the right thing to do, but what you've done today is what's in question here, and you are simply in the wrong, quit denying it.
I did what I did because it was right not because it didn't agree with me.
"Then she questioned why I deleted some posts. Me and Psychospacecow were
goofing around talking about a ghost having babies. I, jokingly, said
PHOTOSYNTHESIS, OR YOU'RE BANNED. Which Psycho took it as me being
serious (even though he knew we were joking before). Long story short, I
deleted those posts, because he admitted he was under stress from
finals and such. So, it was all a simple misunderstanding."

Were you reading what I was typing earlier?
"with that little discussion, I was talking about ideals of philosophy
and mythos. How am I supposed to know what will offend people?" Man, I'm autistic, Ausberger's syndrome,and you expect me to hear a voice in text? What I saw was a threat of banning over an argument, and pointed out that the people at your minecraft survival forum did something similar to you and I would hate to see you make the same mistakes. I was fine with your deleting of those, though found it ironic considering that I had argued on your behalf on that forum about a person's voice and why things shouldn't be deleted. Then, today you use it as an example of trolling, and it made me think for a second to realize that if you had misinterpreted it then as you have and this rule had been instated then I very well may have been banned by basis of miscommunication in an environment where we cannot actually verbally speak. So, I saw it fit to oppose this, as it could be abused or misconceived.
You know what, fuck it I'm just gonna point out this whole mess to the admins and let them rule on it and decide who's at fault here, I'm done.
It wasn't an argument though. Do you remember what we were actually discussing?
Yes, babies, necrophilia, ghost sex, and other nasty things.(no offense Nappa)
It was not an argument and that is what further perplexed me at just how random this was. Zombie, I was fine with that, with the deletions, though shocked at your anger about them. It is what has happened today that I see issue, and your using that previous day which you tried to delete from history.