Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
World Cup 2014
Is anyone else following the World Cup ?

I find it hard to find interested people here in North America (despite the fact that you yanks have your team playing!)

Anyway, what do you think so far ?

Spain-Netherlands was an amazing game. 1-0 down due to a bad penalty call, and BAM 5-1 with 5 sumptuous goals from the Dutch. Football at the highest level :)

Van Persie, though.
[Image: tyIVsFn.gif]

Brazil-Croatia wasn't very good. The Croats should have won against an uninspired Selecao, but the ref decided that wasn't a good idea. Shameful.

First England match tomorrow, then French match on Sunday. It's gonna be a good weekend !
I heard there was some big deal about reallocated funds and Brazil's current financial status.
(06-13-2014, 08:23 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I heard there was some big deal about reallocated funds and Brazil's current financial status.

Yeah, a little something about closing schools and cancelling infrastructure projects to pay for the World Cup.

What's that? The olympics in 2016 ? Hoooo boy...
So, I don't really keep track of these things. Who's winning anyway?
SPRTS!

Now that the mandatory part is over I will take my leave.
Rooting for Portugal cause it's my background and I always go for Argentina, I don't know why they just seem awesome to root for if that makes sense. Speaking of Argentina it's 1-0 with Argentina taking the lead against Bosnia and Herzegovina. Too bad I have exams tomorrow at 12 so I can't see the Portugal game :(
I've never really been a big fan of soccer, but spending some time in London last year did make me appreciate it more and follow it a little... Doesn't mean though that I know anything that I'm talking about here.
Now, if I trace back my family roots and root for which country my family left Europe for to the United States of America, it would be Spain... Pretty sure that there after that display against the Netherlands, I'm feeling sick for Spain. Might be the defending world champions, but if you see a hurt lion ready to attack, you want it dead quickly because you know it's desperate for blood.
Spain is in that spot right now. They are injured and desperate going in Wednesday, desperate for a solid victory to soothe their injured pride. Chile also knows that they are desperate, and that they also need to come out as hard as possible and quickly. Either way it goes, it's going to be wild. I'll still leaning more towards Spain thrashing Chile and the Netherlands match being a fluke, but anything is possible at this point.
And USA vs. Ghana tomorrow will be interesting. Personally, I'd also call it a toss up, but it has been Ghana that sent the US packing back home the past two World cups. We'll just have to wait and see.
I'll be rooting for USA, England, and Germany solely based on my heritage
Excellent games today (he said totally unbiased at France's 3-0 victory)
Thank delawd for goal-line technology, making sure there was no contention about France's second goal.

Looking forward to Germany vs Portugal tomorrow ! :D
I know this match isn't for a little while yet, but I do feel it accurately portrays Chile's feelings of having to play the Netherlands...
[Image: arp7zM7_460sa_v1.gif]
I'm just gonna pretend Portugal lost 1-0 against Germany. Portugal fought a good fight. Wow it must have been hard to defend against Germany. At least they tried their best because I mean 1-0 is better than 4-0. Am I right!?
(06-16-2014, 06:13 PM)TheTrueBoss997 Wrote: I'm just gonna pretend Portugal lost 1-0 against Germany. Portugal fought a good fight. Wow it must have been hard to defend against Germany. At least they tried their best because I mean 1-0 is better than 4-0. Am I right!?

Well Portugal was playing far from its top form and far too angrily to be able to counter a calm Mannschaft. Stupid mistake by Pepe losing his cool like that.
Also Ronaldo was invisible.

Excellent game by the USA ! Beat Ghana 2-1.
Ghana played better overall, but USA managed to follow through with their actions. Very good come-back after Ghana's equalizer.
A team to watch.
Germany is hard to defend against, eh? Is it because of [Image: Blitzkrieg.jpg]
(06-16-2014, 07:03 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:
(06-16-2014, 06:13 PM)TheTrueBoss997 Wrote: I'm just gonna pretend Portugal lost 1-0 against Germany. Portugal fought a good fight. Wow it must have been hard to defend against Germany. At least they tried their best because I mean 1-0 is better than 4-0. Am I right!?

Well Portugal was playing far from its top form and far too angrily to be able to counter a calm Mannschaft. Stupid mistake by Pepe losing his cool like that.
Also Ronaldo was invisible.

Yeah Portugal wasn't acting like a team. Hopefully they are in control in their game against USA. We gotta win against them and Ghana and we could make it to elimination.
Croatia vs Cameroon!

My money's on Croatia!