Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
E3 2018
I'm probably jumping the gun here a bit but the fact is that everyone is kind of thinking about it already, so I thought I'd try and get the talks going with this list I made on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/notes/repentant...094172397/

My list talks about things I'd like to from see Nintendo like new Switch titles, updates on games like Pokemon for Switch and Metroid Prime 4, some 3DS titles I'm still expecting and a few other, console related things. If you want to read it go ahead but either way let's start talking about E3. Lord knows the industry is pretty much dead on news right in most ways.

All the showtimes for E3 2018 as US PST:

EA: 11 AM to 2 PM Saturday June 9th.

Microsoft: 1 PM Sunday June 10th

Bethesda: 6:30 PM Sunday June 10th

Devolver Digital: 8 PM Sunday June 10th

Square Enix: 10 AM Monday June 11th

Ubisoft: 1 PM Monday June 11th

PC Gaming Show: 3 PM Monday June 11th

Sony: 6 PM Monday June 11th

Nintendo: 9 AM Tuesday June 12th
We are going to get some new titles on the switch and nintendo 3DS. Chances are the rumored remakes of Link to the past and Wario Land(both for the 3DS) will be revealed there. And we'll get the announcement of Paper Mario for the switch(and bonus negative points to Nintendo if its NOT like the first two games).
(04-25-2018, 09:11 PM)CLXcool Wrote: We are going to get some new titles on the switch and nintendo 3DS. Chances are the rumored remakes of Link to the past and Wario Land(both for the 3DS) will be revealed there. And we'll get the announcement of Paper Mario for the switch(and bonus negative points to Nintendo if its NOT like the first two games).

I didn't put any of those on my list, but I'd like to see them all.
Well, I'll just talk about the big three since no one cares about Bethesda, EA or Ubisoft, and even then they'll just show trash.

Sony: Sony's conference last year was terrible. It was just things we saw last year and nothing more. It really confused me as to WHY Sony would do this, especially since they usually have great E3's. But Adam Korolik really made me think about it differently. He basically said that Sony's E3 wasn't about them showing stuff but more a deadline they had to meet (if you get what I'm saying). For Sony, E3 2017 was just a thing they had to get through and they showed stuff from last year. Not because they had nothing to show, but because what they wanted to show was either too early in development or not worthy enough to show to the public.

THIS E3, we'll see some big stuff from Sony, that's for sure. What they show, I'm not sure. But I hope it can be The Last of Us 2 gameplay and release, Shenmue 3 gameplay (if they still care and if it's out yet. Might be out this year tbh), Spyro Trilogy gameplay maybe and some other stuff as well. All I know is that Sony will probably win E3 this year with what they show, it'll be big no matter what.

Microsoft: Well my opinion of Microsoft being the wildcard is kinda out the window now. Microsoft just seem to show unappealing indie games, multiplats and maybe an exclusive or two and that's it.

The only thing I like from Microsoft's E3 conference last year was Metro Exodus and Backwards Compatibility. Granted, it was more than Sony but overall it wasn't very impressive. (Actually Backwards Compatibility is VERY VERY IMPRESSIVE, but I mean overall in the quantity department)

All I'd really want from Microsoft at this point would be some exclusive titles I'd want, I always say that they should just put some of that useless money they use to get timed exclusives and marketing deals and try to, oh I don't know, FUND EXCLUSIVE GAMES?

But if they can't give me that, then maybe some Exodus Gameplay and release date, more Backwards compatibility titles, Halo 6 so I can laugh at it and then eventually buy it and uhhhhh, that's about all I can think for Microsoft. Yeah, not many high hopes here.

Nintendo: Nintendo are always pretty great to be honest, the Switch is a success so they'll hopefully tread the waters with a new old game like F-Zero or Advance Wars. God I'd LOVE to see one of those two on here. Realistically, I guess we'll see some Metroid Prime 4 gameplay, Smash (maybe?), Pokemon (maybe?) and some other Nintendo exclusives we all know and love. If anything it'd be nice to see some ports as well, or some remasters of older games or even some stuff like a Gamecube Virtual Store, now that would be pretty cool.

Overall, this E3 should be good, and I'm hoping Sony and Nintendo will deliver, and Microsoft will surprise us.
I'm making a lot of lists for E3. Here's one I have for Square Enix: https://www.facebook.com/notes/repentant...274157379/

I have everything in there from the obvious of updates for Kingdom Hearts III and FFVII Remake as well as some hopefuls like A Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross remakes. Square may not have a conference, but they do have enough IP's out there to make a pretty big impact on E3.
As long as were talking about E3 related things, Nintendo has gone and announced their plans for for it today: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archi...-bros.aspx

Their E3 Showcase time is weird, as so far it's the only one going on the same day as journalists and those who bought tickets will be able to walk the floors. It's at 9 A.M. PST June 12th. They clarify that the live stream, which probably just means a direct as expected will be about games releasing in 2018, and Super Smash Bros is planned to be the focus, hence why it didn't end up on my list because I figured it would be. Should be an interesting showcase though.

Here are all the conference times in PST:

EA: 11 AM to 2 PM Saturday June 9th.

Microsoft: 1 PM Sunday June 10th

Bethesda: 6:30 PM Sunday June 10th

Ubisoft: 1 PM Monday June 11th

Nintendo: 9 AM Tuesday June 12th

We still need to hear times for PlayStation, Devolver Digital, and The PC Gaming show.
Balls to the walls prediction: Skyrim. ON MOBILE.

It's gonna happen. Don't question me.
(04-26-2018, 10:04 PM)Colossus Wrote: Balls to the walls prediction: Skyrim. ON MOBILE.

I can see it now, Skyrim Pocket Edition, inspired by Final Fantasy XV.
(04-26-2018, 10:53 PM)RepentantSky Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 10:04 PM)Colossus Wrote: Balls to the walls prediction: Skyrim. ON MOBILE.

I don't see why not. Just drop the draw distance and the details and it will work. Cell phones now days are pretty good.
(04-26-2018, 11:32 PM)Colossus Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 10:53 PM)RepentantSky Wrote:

I don't see why not. Just drop the draw distance and the details and it will work. Cell phones now days are pretty good.

I mean I was making fun but it's possible. I do think I heard somewhere that they are finally done with Skyrim, at least until the next generation of consoles release.
What I'm looking forward the most from this year's E3 is some concrete info on CD Project's Cyberpunk. It's ridiculous how little there is about that game. In some other scenarios, I'd be worried about that but I have a lot of trust in CD Project.
You know, I had to do some real research to get a Microsoft E3 list done, but they have a lot more potential to have some great titles than I realized: https://www.facebook.com/notes/repentant...320706441/

In this list I talk about a want for more Japanese games, some rather potentially great, but possibly forgotten indie titles, and of course, the big three for Microsoft, only one of which is guaranteed to have something as this year's show.
I haven't really been following things, but I hope we get some Fire Emblem 16 news around E3 timing.
Phil Spencer Teases JRPGs on Xbox E3 Stage and Talks Possibility of Japanese Exclusives
CD Projekt Red will be at E3 with an RPG, which likely means Cyberpunk 2077 is a go: https://www.dualshockers.com/cd-projekt-red-rpg-e3/

GungHo Online Entertainment will be at E3 and they are working on 10 different projects. No idea how many will be at the show: https://www.dualshockers.com/gung-ho-onl...t-e3-2018/