Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The "I Want Suggestions" Thread
Looking for some new books, movies, hobbies, or whatever? Let us give you some ideas! However, please try to give us some aide of just what you're looking for. Don't just say "I want some new manga to read". Tell us what genres and titles you seem to enjoy to help us narrow it down.

In my case, I want some movies to try! Not just any movies, however; I want some movies that have horror/spooky elements, but are a bit more lighthearted and not nightmare inducing. Examples being Hocus Pocus, The Frighteners, Idle Hands, lots of Tim Burton movies, and Witches of Eastwick. I'm sure I've seen more, but I'm blanking.

Thanks in advance!
I want a new anime to watch, one that will creep the frijoles out of me. I've really gotten into creepy things lately so hit me with your best shot.

P.S I couldn't find any movies for you Hex.
Anyone know some good anime for a group of 2? If you suggest Boku No Pico, I will have you gutted.
(09-23-2013, 10:06 PM)Ghost Nappa Wrote: I want a new anime to watch, one that will creep the frijoles out of me. I've really gotten into creepy things lately so hit me with your best shot.

P.S I couldn't find any movies for you Hex.

Oh shoot... It's been a long time, so I'm trying to think if it would be creepy to adult me as it was to young teen me. Either way, Boogiepop Phantom is really good.

Back when SyFy tried airing anime there was one that I think had "Ghost Stories" in the title (can someone help me out?). Some guy was traveling around trying to put together spooky stories from various places and these people would follow him around. I remember one episode had an older sister that went nuts and stabbed a knife through her kid sister's eye.

Oh! I'm an idiot! Found it on a list of animes they aired: Requiem from the Darkness.
Also, does anyone know the order the Studio Ghibli films came out in?
I figure that'd be a good one to focus on.
For Hex: I'm not sure what you have seen, but try Ghost Busters (and maybe the second yet it's not as creepy), Sleepy Hollow (though that maybe Nightmareish) and Zombieland (though YMMV since I have yet to see this one.

For GhostNappa: Same as above, have no idea what you have seen but you can try out Elfen Lied, Hell Girl and Attack on Titan, thought the later may just be the Manga as that's all I've seen of it and only the first few chapters. You can also try When They Cry and Red Garden, both I have not seen but have heard good things about.

For Psycho: I'm not sure what you mean by "an anime for a group of 2." Do you mean romantic or something to watch with friends? I'm not sure about the former, but for the later there's the Big O as a classic, Midori Days as a comedy (though it may be a little weird to watch with friends), and xxxHolic as an action comedy. I'm not sure about this one but you could try Chobits, but I don't remember much about it aside from a bunch of filler, a weird plot and an out of no where ending (that last one may just have been me)
Not sure about your second question.

As for my question, anyone know any good N64 games I should pick up? I like platformers, like Rocket Robot on Wheels and Banjo Kazooie, but i could careless about the genre of game, as I collect anything there is. I resontly picked up Rampage 2: Universal Tour and Pokemon: Puzzle League, so you can cross those of your list.
(09-23-2013, 11:42 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: For Hex: I'm not sure what you have seen, but try Ghost Busters (and maybe the second yet it's not as creepy), Sleepy Hollow (though that maybe Nightmareish) and Zombieland (though YMMV since I have yet to see this one.

I've seen all those, but thank you; I'm guessing if it's more obscure there's a higher chance of my not having seen it. You should see Zombieland. It's great.

Quote:As for my question, anyone know any good N64 games I should pick up? I like platformers, like Rocket Robot on Wheels and Banjo Kazooie, but i could careless about the genre of game, as I collect anything there is. I resontly picked up Rampage 2: Universal Tour and Pokemon: Puzzle League, so you can cross those of your list.

You've played Rayman 2, right? If not, I highly recommend it as it has some cut scenes taken out of the PS2 release.

It's a total collection fest, but DK 64 was a lot of fun.

Conker's BFD, of course.

Oh! And Gex! I think it's Gex 3 that got a 64 release. Maybe 2 did as well but I didn't play that one.

Sorry if some of those are obvious "No duh, of course I've played those!".
(09-23-2013, 11:48 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote:
(09-23-2013, 11:42 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: As for my question, anyone know any good N64 games I should pick up? I like platformers, like Rocket Robot on Wheels and Banjo Kazooie, but i could careless about the genre of game, as I collect anything there is. I resontly picked up Rampage 2: Universal Tour and Pokemon: Puzzle League, so you can cross those of your list.

You've played Rayman 2, right? If not, I highly recommend it as it has some cut scenes taken out of the PS2 release.
I have yet to play that, but there are like 4-5 diffrent versions, so it should be easy to find.

Quote:It's a total collection fest, but DK 64 was a lot of fun.
Have it.

Quote:Conker's BFD, of course.
$90 at the nearest flea market, and hard to find a cheep cart

Quote:Oh! And Gex! I think it's Gex 3 that got a 64 release. Maybe 2 did as well but I didn't play that one.

Sorry if some of those are obvious "No duh, of course I've played those!".
I should pick up the Gex games but I'm going to have to pick up a Satern to play the first one. I could find Enter the Gecko (which I hear the PSX version is better) and 3: Deep Cover Gecko easily if I look hard enough. On the other hand, I'm still looking for a cart of Rocket that no body seems to have.

It's funny as out of the list, I've only played DK64. Maybe I really need to pick up more popular games that Mad Mastro and Orphen: Scion of Sorcery (two more games I picked up at a Flea Market). Thanks for the advice.
...Oh my gosh. I just checked eBay and I had no idea Conker's BFD sold for so much. I got mine dirt cheap at Target; I wish I would've bought all their copies! Can you imagine how much a sealed copy would sell for?

Shoot... I'd never sell mine, but I think the box has unfortunately seen better days since I played it a lot (the multi-player is so much fun). Otherwise it's just fine.

I suppose the crappy XBox version made it even more valuable. Who cares if it looks nice if you cut out some of the game and censor it further? I swear besides the graphics the only thing the XBox version has over its 64 counterpart is that Conker can hold his breath longer under water. Otherwise I'm not happy about what they did to make it easier.
I just wish my dad would have missed the "don't let young kids play this" tag when I asked him to buy it for me when I was 5.
(09-23-2013, 09:48 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: In my case, I want some movies to try! Not just any movies, however; I want some movies that have horror/spooky elements, but are a bit more lighthearted and not nightmare inducing. Examples being Hocus Pocus, The Frighteners, Idle Hands, lots of Tim Burton movies, and Witches of Eastwick. I'm sure I've seen more, but I'm blanking.

I assume you have seen Shaun of the Dead, so I'd go with Monster House. I friggin' love that movie.

A couple of others, if you have seen that too: A Chinese Ghost Story - The Tsui Hark Animation and The Haunted World of El Superbeasto.

(09-23-2013, 10:06 PM)Ghost Nappa Wrote: I want a new anime to watch, one that will creep the frijoles out of me. I've really gotten into creepy things lately so hit me with your best shot.

Since Requiem from the Darkness has already been said, try out Ghost Hunt, Elfen Lied and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

If you want something extremely f'd up, there's a movie called Wicked City. You've been warned. I may throw in more if I think of any.

Sorry Psycho, I got nothing :/ Mostly because I'm not really certain what it is you mean.
Just me and a friend who can't hang out as much this year because we don't have any of the same classes.
I'm thinking about entering this contest on DeviantArt for the new Scribblenauts Unmasked game, but I don't read comics. Anyone have any suggestions?

http://moonbeam13.deviantart.com/journal...term=title

I'm thinking about maybe making Static Shock (I think that was his name)
Ok, so I would like to expand my 360 gaming library. These are the games I have right now:

Tekken 6
UMvC3
Soul Calibur 5 (thoroughly disappointed)
TekkenXStreet Fighter
Virtua Fighter 5
DOA 5
Skullgirls (demo though...I'm cheap :P)
Assassin's Creed II (for free!)
Gears of War 3
Resident Evil 6
Halo 4
Sonic Generations
Sonic All Star Racing Transformed
Tomb Raider (just bought today)

I have a good amount, but most of them I don't really play once I've beaten it unless I'm playing with a friend. So, I'm trying to find a good game that will keep me entertained longer than the usual time it takes me to beat it. I'm interested in Survival Horror games thanks to the Resident Evil series. Are there any that might be good? I'm thinking about Bioshock. Also, I need some RPG games too, since the only one I have is Kingdom Hearts.
^

*Gasp* No Bayonetta?! Also, Brutal Legend and Catherine are both really good.