VGFacts

Full Version: Fighting Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, who here plays fighters? I totally love all kinds of fighting games, as proven in the picture(s) you'll find at the bottom of this post, although I seriously suck at them. The only reason I never bought Skullgirls was because it was TOO hard, I couldn't even win the first battle in the demo... Maybe I should try it again, now that it has been patched. Oh yeah, and I refuse to play on easy.

Aaaanyway, what are your favorites and why? Mine is definitely the Street Fighter series, which is why I bought the 25th Anniversary Collection from US. Close second would be Mortal Kombat, followed by Marvel vs. Capcom.

Still, the best fighting game ever created is Digimon Rumble Arena. That game is just pure awesome in disc form.

[Image: DSCN1396.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1394.jpg]

Missing from the pics is my Mortal Kombat 3 for PC. And of course all the downloaded fighters I have.
The only fighters I own currently are Skullgirls (yea, it's actually pretty fun) and JJBA HD. I loved the Blazblue games and Persona 4 Arena, but I think my favorite series of fighters is kind of a tie between Street Fighter (especially 3....but 4 can die) and Tekken. As some of you from the DYKG forums remember, I was getting super hyped for Injustice: Gods Among Us and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle. Both of them are looking amazing, and my mind is just bouncing around at how much fun (I hope) they will be.
I'm a pleb and I like party fighters like Smash and Power Stone.

Other than that, Soul Calibur 2 is one of my other favorite fighting games which is something I should start to play again just for the hell for it. Marvel VS Capcom 2 in the arcade was fun and I have a copy of Street Fighter 4 (though on the 3DS of all systems) which is good fun as well.
(03-17-2013, 10:07 AM)MexicanAnime Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a pleb and I like party fighters like Smash and Power Stone.

Have you ever played Digimon Rumble Arena? That game is amazing.
The only fighting games I've ever owned are Soul Calibur III & IV.

III was very good on the whole. IV was a bit naff for me, who likes to play 1-player with a nice storyline. IV's story lasted a whole 15 minutes and didn't really change from character to charcter.
III had different stories, different outcomes, a whole RTS mode (which was awesome), and just a generally better experience !

EDIT - Almost forgot SSBB ! The first two instalments were also very good though I never owned them.
I love fighting games, Though I am not very good at them, Street fighter, Dragon ball Z (The older ones up to Bodukai 3, The newer ones are kind of shit) and last but not the least, Tekken. Super smash Brawl is pretty fucking awesome as well, Pretty much the only game worth playing on the Wii.
Soul Calibur 3,4,5 Tekken 3,4,5,6 Street Fighter 4 Mortal Kombat Deception.
I'll get back if I remember any others.

Edit: Also Budokai 1-2-3 and Tenkaichi 1-2-3
I play everything and compete in tournaments(nothing lately). If anyone wants to play games of Street Fighter 3, Street Fighter 4, Street Fighter Hyper Fighting, Street Fighter HD Remix, KoFXII, Street Fighter x Tekken, KoFXIII, Skullgirls, Tekken 6, Tekken Tag 2, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Smash Bros Brawl(and many more) just PM me. :D ALWAYS looking to play some fighting games.

Thinking we should have a Brawl session to start this forum off :)
I like open fighting games like Dragon Ball Z games and the Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm series, but my favorites are fighters like Super Smash Bros.
I like the Mortal Kombat series, and the Street Fighter Series, but my Favorite fighter is by far Super Smash Bros Melee! Best Pikachu Player NA!
(03-17-2013, 10:24 AM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: [ -> ]The only fighting games I've ever owned are Soul Calibur III & IV.

III was very good on the whole. IV was a bit naff for me, who likes to play 1-player with a nice storyline. IV's story lasted a whole 15 minutes and didn't really change from character to charcter.
III had different stories, different outcomes, a whole RTS mode (which was awesome), and just a generally better experience !

EDIT - Almost forgot SSBB ! The first two instalments were also very good though I never owned them.

I knew I wasn't the only one who liked that RTS.
So much hype!
(03-17-2013, 03:11 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: [ -> ]I play everything and compete in tournaments(nothing lately). If anyone wants to play games of Street Fighter 3, Street Fighter 4, Street Fighter Hyper Fighting, Street Fighter HD Remix, KoFXII, Street Fighter x Tekken, KoFXIII, Skullgirls, Tekken 6, Tekken Tag 2, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Smash Bros Brawl(and many more) just PM me. :D ALWAYS looking to play some fighting games.

Thinking we should have a Brawl session to start this forum off :)

I guess you could add me on PSN (MassDistraction). I'm always up for getting my ass kicked.
I'm not much of a fighting game fan (I'm terrible at them), but I have a certain soft spot for Smash Bros; after all, Melee was the game that introduced me to all the Nintendo series that weren't Pokémon!

I've tried getting into BlazBlue but I made the mistake of buying Continuum Shift on the 3DS, which is a terrible port. I'll probably end up buying Continuum Shift Extend at some point, though, because it's a great game and I was really enjoying fighting as the new characters.
Love fighting games...if only I could play them well :P

My favorite of all time is probably any old 90's arcade fighting game that has 2 in it (MK2, Tekken 2, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, and Virtua Fighter 2 especially.)